St. Mary’s Messy Church
Explore God and discover something new by inspiring your brain, your heart and your funny-bone
Every age welcome
What is Messy Church?
Messy Church is not about being untidy, more about being a little less formally structured than the sort of church service you might come to on a Sunday. If you like, it’s more about a hands-on approach to encountering God, and it’s about being able to do this together in active and creative ways. You can come on your own or with somebody else. You can come once or as often as you like. Whoever you are you and whenever you come you will be warmly welcomed.
So when is it on?
Messy Church is on the fourth Saturday of every month, with a break at Christmas and Easter, from 11am to 1pm in the Narthex.
There is a suggested donation of £2 (£1 for under 16s) to cover costs of materials and refreshments.
- Saturday 25th November
- 11.00 am - 1.00 pmMessy Church: Time To Get ReadyAre you getting ready? Have you made a list? Because somebody’s coming – and you couldn’t possibly guess who!
- Saturday 27th January
- 11.00 am - 1.00 pmMessy Church: Singing From The Same Hymn SheetThere are 2.2 billion Christians in the world and some 41,000 Christian denominations –
how can we ever possibly be united?
- Saturday 24th February
- 11.00 am - 1.00 pmMessy Church: Time To Get Ready (Again)Time to get ready again. This time you don’t have to buy anything, though. Well, maybe an Easter egg, unless you’ve given up chocolate for Lent
- Saturday 28th April
- 11.00 am - 1.00 pmMessy Church: Philip and the EunuchEver looked back at life and wondered how you ended up where you ended up? Ever wondered why you ended up doing something quite unexpected, with far-reaching consequences? Well, Philip did, too.
- Saturday 26th May
- 11.00 am - 1.00 pmMessy Church: The Good Samaritan RevisitedRemember the Good Samaritan? In case you don’t, here’s a look at what some Good Samaritans around the world are doing.
- Saturday 23rd June
- 11.00 am - 1.00 pmMessy Church: Jesus Calms The StormMid toils and tribulations etc., etc. Life is quite good at throwing curve balls, but there are lot of different ways of dealing with it.
For more information
Print: Messy Church Flyer
Email: St Mary’s Messy Church