Having your banns read at St Mary’s, Balham
Are you planning to get married in a Church of England Church and you live in the Parish of St Mary, Balham?
Then you need to have your banns read on three consecutive Sundays, no more than 3 months before your wedding day.
What to do?
- Make sure you live in the parish (see the boundary)
- Contact the parish office for a banns form (e-mail or phone)
- Fill in the form and return together with cheque for the required Banns Fees (fees set by Church of England)
- You will receive a letter confirming when your banns will be read
- Come to church on one or all three of the occasions your banns are read
- Collect your banns certificate after the third time of asking
- Give the certificate to the officiating clergy person before your wedding
Note: To view the fees you will need a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader