Having your banns read at St Mary’s, Balham

Are you planning to get married in a Church of England Church and you live in the Parish of St Mary, Balham?

Then you need to have your banns read on three consecutive Sundays, no more than 3 months before your wedding day.

What to do?

  1. Make sure you live in the parish (see the boundary)
  2. Contact the parish office for a banns form (e-mail or phone)
  3. Fill in the form and return together with cheque for the required Banns Fees (fees set by Church of England)
  4. You will receive a letter confirming when your banns will be read
  5. Come to church on one or all three of the occasions your banns are read
  6. Collect your banns certificate after the third time of asking
  7. Give the certificate to the officiating clergy person before your wedding

Note: To view the fees you will need a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader